Saturday, January 1, 2011

What Is This?

This is a New Year's resolution. (I wonder how many blogs start this way. It's probably akin to joining a gym.) I've found over the past year that I have a tendency to focus too much on things that make me worried and stressed. I'm chronically fretting and anxious, with my mind fixated on one task or one project that could lead to disaster...but that never turns out to be as bad as I fear. There are a few things I'm doing in 2011 to combat this persistent anxiety, and this blog is one of them. I am extraordinarily lucky (even if my brain sometimes has trouble recognizing that)---I am surrounded by lovely things and lovely people. So, Doorbells and Sleigh Bells will be my attempt to focus on the things I love, to spotlight a few of my favorite things. In spotlighting my favorite things, I'm going to attempt to take photos of them. This relates to another resolution: to learn to use the Husband's fancy camera. Maybe the quality of the photos will improve over the course of the year. Maybe it won't. But I'm not going to worry about it too much. This blog is for me. But it's fine if you read it too. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment